Do you love sherbet, but hate the copious amounts of sugar, empty calories, and preservatives? My wife showed me this recipe for a sherbet that uses only four ingredients, none of which are unhealthy. Believe it or not, I like it more than any other sherbet I have had in my life. It is perfect when I am in the mood for a fluffy, sweet, ice-cold treat! And it is easy and pretty quick to make if you get in the habit of keeping frozen bananas around.
Here's what you will need:
1 oz. cranberry juice
1 oz. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. pure stevia extract (this is very important - read the ingredients. Stevia gets a bad rep because people buy stevia mixes)
2. Break them into 6 pieces.
3. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
4. Blend in blender or food processor - scraping down the bowl when needed.
5. After bananas have a smooth consistency add 1/8 tsp. stevia extract.
6. Also add 1 ounce each cranberry juice concentrate and lemon juice.
7. After mixture is thoroughly blended chill in freezer until desired consistency is achieved.
That's it! You can try adding some different ingredients to change it up. You can't go wrong with frozen bananas and stevia!